Application Equipment EngineerGhent or Tumba (Sweden) or Home Office somewhere in Europe
Do you want to work in a global company where you can contribute to a more sustainable food production? Are you interested in Research and Development? Do you want to work in an international company based on Swedish culture of respect and sharing knowledge? Then you might be interested in this job.
Über DeLaval NVDeLaval (part of Tetra Laval Group) is the world leader in the dairy farming industry, providing integrated milking solutions designed to improve dairy farmers’ production, animal welfare and overall quality of life. They currently have more than 4500 passionate professionals operating in more than 100 markets across the globe. They work in partnerships with their customers and dealers to realize their vision of making sustainable food production possible. DeLaval offers automatic and conventional milking systems, cooling and feeding systems, effluent & housing systems, and farm management support systems. DeLavals’ customers can choose from a wide range of services and consumables which are grouped in four portfolios: liners & tubes, farm supplies, services & original parts and milk quality & animal health. For this last department we are looking for an Application Equipment Engineer.
Your research leads to innovation and generates impact
- Develop and drive the innovation of the combination of chemical and mechanical application across DeLavals’ range of milking installations, thereby focusing on udder health.
- Manage the field stages of R&D projects. Plan, execute and monitor scientific trials for improvement of udder health application equipment (for example improvement of spray systems understanding liquid/fluid flow dynamics). Provide statistical analysis of field trial data.
- Build a wide network within industry (suppliers and clients), investigators (universities) and other key stakeholders (e.g., government).
- You will work in close cooperation with chemists, engineers and field service technicians across a number of locations.
- Provide technical support for existing and new products to the Product Specialists and the Technical Solution Managers including training, technical newsletters and webinars.
- As Application Equipment Engineer you report to the Director Milk Quality and Animal Health.
Scientist at heart
- Master or PhD in Chemical Engineering or Bio-Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar R&D function.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and statistical packages (or willing to learn).
- Fluently in English essential.
- Flexible to travel internationally to work with colleagues and on farm.
An interesting career opportunity within a well-established multinational company based on Swedish values. You get the possibility to expand your professional network with a wide variety of internal and external contacts. You get the opportunity to work with an A-brand in a B2B environment. Internal and external training and support of the DeLaval organisation. Opportunity to manage both projects and personnel. DeLaval offers you a good remuneration package for this position.
DeLaval has outsourced the recruitment and selection for this position exclusively to CeresRecruitment. Information regarding the company can be found at www.DeLaval.com. A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.