Corporate Agronomist Processed FruitHome office including extensive travel
Über Ardo GroupArdo, with its headquarters in Ardooie, is a major global player in the production of fresh frozen vegetables, herbs and fruit for retail, foodservice and the food industry. The strong growth in recent years resulted in a turnover of 1 billion euros with 3,800 employees in 2017. The group has a global sales network, with 21 units in 9 countries responsible for production, packing and distribution. To further strengthen and support the sustainable character of its frozen fruits portfolio the company is currently looking for a Corporate Agronomist Processed Fruit.
Contribute to the long- & short-term sustainable development of the category Soft Fruit
- Together with the Category Director Fruit you trace, evaluate and develop sourcing possibilities of raw materials within the fruit category.
- Visit local suppliers of frozen fruits (across Europe) and give crop technical support where needed, discuss the specifics of the processed goods (and/or goods to be processed) and cooperate with suppliers to promote & implement sustainable growing techniques in the fruit plantations of their farmers.
- Visit local processors and contribute to partnership by exchanging knowledge, introducing optimization projects.
- Remain up to date in all areas relevant to the fruit category and manage facts & figures of the market and its processes.
- Actively work across national borders and functional departments, and build a network relevant to the development of the specific product category.
- The Corporate Agronomist Processed Fruit reports to the Group Category Director Fruit and contributes to the sustainable development of the fruit category.
- Bachelor or Master in Agriculture or Horticulture (agronomy related studies).
- Insight in the fruit market.
- Fluent in English, any additional language (e.g. Spanish, Polish, Dutch) is an asset.
- Open to extensive travel.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Understanding of overall commercial and business processes.
- Problem solver.
- Result driven.
Ardo offers a dynamic people oriented working environment in which you can show your personal entrepreneurship. The company recognizes, and rewards results as well as people. You will be surrounded by experienced professionals. An attractive remuneration and extra-legal package is foreseen.
Ardo Group has outsourced the recruitment and selection for above mentioned position exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.