Marketing & Sales DirectorBelgium - Tienen 60% - Travel 40%
Über SESVanderHaveSESVanderHave is a leading global player, specialized in every aspect of the research, seed multiplication, processing, and marketing of sugar beet seed. Worldwide, SESVanderHave sells sugar beet varieties resulting from its research and breeding. Each variety represents a customized solution to the needs of a specific sugar beet market. SESVanderHave pursues a proactive policy of investments in research to improve the performance of the sugar beet crop. Wherever sugar beets are grown, SESVanderHave is present. Wherever SESVanderHave is present, the Marketing & Sales Director translates market needs into product concepts for sugar beet, providing performant varieties and solutions for farmers and sugar industry.
Shift Sales and Marketing from R&D driven to market driven
- Responsible for the Sales & Marketing strategy and execution. You develop short- and long-term vision and strategic marketing plans, which can be translated into commercial strategy.
- Responsible for development and execution of product development, positioning, branding, communication, pricing, and distribution in all countries where the company is present.
- Make use of insightful market studies and advanced analytics to build marketing strategy.
- Lead and coach a team of 8 direct reports. Globally the Marketing and Sales department consists of close to 100 employees.
- Work closely together with plant breeders, product managers, supply chain engineers and production/multiplication managers of various international markets to align product portfolio and connect products in the pipeline with market needs.
- Member of the management team consisting of 5 executives, direct report to the CEO.
- Master's degree.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in Sales and/or Marketing in an International Agro Business environment like Seed, Agrochemicals or Fertilizers.
- Solid understanding of agricultural industry.
- Full proficiency of English, knowledge of French or Dutch is an asset.
- Working on average 3 days/week in Tienen (Belgium). Travel frequently in Europe and occasionaly (once or twice a year) transatlantic.
- Strong leadership skills, being able to connect people in and across the departments and countries
- Outstanding teamworking skills
- Ability to manage projects in a cross-functional and non-hiearchical context
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Problem solving and analytical
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Critical and creative thinking, open minded
- Stakeholder management, including capacity to coordinate Joint Ventures and Agencies internationally
- Attractive remuneration and extra-legal package.
- Challenging and diverse responsibilities.
- An innovative and dynamic environment based on respect and growth on personal level.
- Easy communication on all levels inside and outside the company.
- SESVanderHave offers the opportunity to deploy yourself in technical aspects and soft skills.
SESVanderHave has outsourced the recruitment and selection for Marketing & Sales Director exclusively to CeresRecruitment. Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.sesvanderhave.com. A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.