Production Manager - PigsPoland (Pomorskie)
Goodvalley is a market leader in integrated pork production and based on the principles of sustainable agriculture, ensuring production with a zero carbon footprint. The company is headquartered in Copenhagen, and its farms and production plants use advanced technologies, modern equipment and the Danish pig breeding system to produce the best quality pork meat free from antibiotics and GMOs, following the idea from farm to fork and with the shortest possible supply chain.
Goodvalley is about sustainable meat production for a better tomorrow.
In the Polish branch of Goodvalley based in Przechlewo in the province. Pomorskie, 1,400 employees are involved in the cultivation of 15,000 hectares of land, the production of feed in their own mixing plant, pig breeding on 25 farms, green energy production in 8 biogas plants as well as slaughter, processing and sale of meat to the largest retail chains throughout Poland.
In order to strengthen the production team, we are currently looking for a Pig Production Manager. This is an exciting role where you work closely with other production managers to optimize production and procedures and strengthen internal collaboration for sustainable pig production.
Are you passionate about pig breeding, you like working on a farm and are you able to analyze production results and look for improvements? This is the offer you want to know better! Now is your chance to become part of a large, committed and knowledgeable pig production team. A team that works every day to achieve the best possible results in a production that is an essential part of the Goodvalley brand of field to fork production.
Be responsible for production and optimisation on several assigned pig farms.
- Plan current and long-term production operations on assigned pig farms (sows, piglets and/or fattening pigs) and cooperate with the farm managers in order to optimize production results.
- Analyse and develop the farms under your supervision, manage and work closely with individual farm managers to optimize production processes and work frames.
- Cooperate with your team to implement and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure a good working atmosphere and employee commitment.
- Implement and work with lean management tools in production.
- Manage and be responsible for production costs and their optimization.
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting.
- Actively analyse and give feedback on the results of the animal feed, your input will be appreciated.
- Build constructive relationships with colleagues, also at international level.
- Take part in experience exchange groups: internally with Goodvalley farms and externally with Danish farmers.
- As a Production Manager, you work closely with and report to the Production Area Managers (sows and fattening pigs).
A passionate pigs breeder, ambitious and driven by achieving the best production results.
- Higher education (Zootechnics, Veterinary Medicine, Agriculture) or several years experience in a similar role.
- Experience at a managerial level in breeding sows, piglets and / or finishing pigs.
- At least communicative knowledge of English.
- Driving license. B.
- Knowledge of the MS Office and programs and systems for herd management and animal production.
- Ability to work independently and systematically, good organization of working time.
- Positive and proactive attitude, looking for opportunities and solutions, not problems.
- Excellent communication skills, able to share information in an understandable way
- Team attitude, willingness to share knowledge.
Our client offers an interesting and responsible job in a company that sets trends in the field of sustainable agriculture and care for quality at every stage of production. The company's culture is based on openness, direct communication and teamwork in pursuit of a common goal. You will have an excellent opportunity to make your own contribution to improving production and the opportunity to further expand your skills in pig farming by working in a modern enterprise with a clear vision of development, being part of an experienced international team in a position with a high level of autonomy. The company offers stable employment and a competitive salary, as well as a company car, the possibility of learning foreign languages, private medical care, a rich social package, and assistance in accommodation (if necessary).
Our Client has outsourced the search and selection of the Production Manager Pigs exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More information about Goodvalley can be found on https://www.goodvalley.com/. A personality test can be part of the recruitment process.